Saturday, February 28, 2009

Companionship...


I've always been a pretty independent operator.  I'm comfortable sitting alone in a cafe watching the World.  I don't mind silence.  I can entertain myself quite nicely, thank you.

However, we all need companionship.  Although I've been surrounded by people, I've felt alone for the past 6 weeks.  I was missing the sense of connection that I find when I share workouts with others.

Today, I awoke to a clear sky for the first time since arriving.  The weather was warming up and I even had a group to run with.  I think today signaled a sea-change for my time here as I finally began feeling connected with like souls.
The group of us ran 12 miles (4 longer than my goal, but I was just so happy meeting other athletes).  This was one of the places along the trail.

No comments: