Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Content to keep pushing...

Just a handful of the MANY Ironheads who raced well at Lake Stevens 70.3


Andy Grove once stated that "only the paranoid survive."  That might be a bit melodramatic, but I will concede that a consistent strain is the best path to improvement and recent successes have only fueled my ambitions to keep pushing forward.  It's been a really great week at home...A quick synopsis would show:

1.  Four of my guys selected for Navy Chief Petty Officer (Adley, Guin, Laws, and Nelson)
2.  I selected for Navy Commander (more of a feeling of relief)
3.  Tossed the "will I race with heart?" monkey off my back at Lake Stevens (and qualified for Ironman 70.3 World Championships)
4.  Had a great time seeing friends and family (including some great Trap/Skeet Shooting this evening)

I took two days off from training, treated myself to a little ice cream, and slept in.  However, "time, tides, and liberty wait for no man" and it's time to get back into training.

The goals have been set (I'll post them when I'm ready) and now it's time to take the steps necessary to reach them.


No comments: