Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Missing home...

It's been a good week so far. After spending the weekend with Rachel, Boo, and our newest family-member Savannah; I'm back at CGSC. I won't deny that I miss the family and it makes it a bit harder to stay focused. However, I did receive some good news.

First, I qualified for Short Course Nationals in Portland. While those "fast guys" will put the hurt on me, I'm excited to race on my home course.

Second, I might get an invitation to Long Course Worlds in Holland. I'd be thrilled to have the opportunity to represent my country in triathlon. I just hope they don't make me race in wood shoes:-)

Third, my swimming is improving...4 weeks ago, it took me 3:21 to swim 200 yards. Today, I knocked out a 2:57. Not fast, but better. Also, I'm starting to "feel" the water on my catch/pull which is HARDER, but clearly means I'm "getting it" a bit better...Just gotta get my boat anchor legs up a bit!

Finally, the dogs are starting to work it out. There has definitely been some fur flying, but we think they'll mellow once everyone is settled.

No comments: