Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vices...

Everyone has their vices. Smoking, drinking, carousing, travel, or buying bikes...

It's no surprise that Interbike is held annually in Las Vegas...If one wanted to collect vices (and bikes), this would be the place.

The reality is that I don't care much for Vegas and I'm not particularly interested in another bike that will make me "30 seconds faster over 40k" for the 6 races I use it each year.

What I do care about is TIME. How can I gain more personal time? How can I more efficiently use the time I have available? How can I improve my race times without spending $6,800 on a new piece of equipment?

Don't get me wrong. I love new bicycles. However, I'm much more interested in a bike that I'll enjoy riding EVERY DAY than one I'll spend more time talking about.

With that said, I do have one nasty vice...Do you ever find yourself watching "The O.C." on Soap Network? Well, let's just say that I have a new way to pass the time when riding the trainer.

No comments: