Monday, April 28, 2008

285 is a long way from 300...

285 points...That's what I scored on the Army Physical Fitness Test today...


One of my goals while attending the Army Command and General Staff College for the year is to recognize areas where the Army can teach the Navy a lesson or two. I think fitness is one of those areas.

Putting it bluntly, the average Army Officer seems to be in better physical condition than the average Navy Officer. It would be easy to create a lot of excuses, but at the end of the day...I think the Army simply sets a higher expectation for their Officers.

Now, how did I measure up?

77 push-ups in 2 minutes = 100 points...Of course, I didn't realize that many Army Officers pushed beyond the max points. Good for them! Next time, I'll know.

62 sit-ups in 2 minutes = 85 points...Just plain weak. I know I'm lame in the core, but this is an all-time low.

12:22 for the 2 mile run = 100 points...A decent effort and I felt that I slightly redeemed my poor sit-ups.

Height = 70 inches, Weight = 157 lbs...Time for me to lay off the extra calories and lose the 7+ pounds that I've gained in the past 2.5 weeks.

Wait until October...The goal will be 300 points with 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, and a sub-12 run!

1 comment:

ironguides said...

I think 300 points is in the bag, my friend.

Your coach.